Re: Perception of Linux Changes at Human Resources

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Wednesday 30 August 2006 19:03 \__

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/637577/linux_and_open_source_how_they_affect_hr_professionals/index.html?source=r_technology

> Roy, this is an excellent article.  I'd love to see it republished
> verbatim an a major business periodical like Business Week or Time.
>
> It does a great job of stating the case for open source fairly,
> accurately, and briefly.
>
> Highly reccomended reading.
>
> Rex
> http://www.open4success.org

Other sources that I read indicate that there is a /serious/ shortage of
Linux skill. Departments separately seek someone who is proficient with
Linux so that acquisition, running and maintenance costs are lowered (not to
mention better security and stability in the enterprise space).

I've noticed that HR folks are no longer intimidated by CV's that spell out
"Open Source". It no longer means communism, as Microsoft would like IT/HR
trainers to believe. There has been a lot of character assassination through
stereotypes by those who resist change, but Linux has broken through. It no
longer intimidated. It's admired.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - I still can't believe that I managed to keep the pace up today. Thesis
draft is due tomorrow and I'm scared.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 119 total,   2 running, 115 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie