[News] Long Linux Migration Story

Loning it with Fedora, pt.2

| "Yow." Windows is big. It and all the junk they ship with it.
|
| "So it's still loading." We walked into the back and where it was there,
|  sitting open on a long cluttered desk, looking something like an
| inpatient.
|
| "But it's going to be ok?" I asked.
|
| "Yeah, it'll be ok."
|
| I asked him if he knew anything about dual booting and he said he did
| but he quickly changed the subject.
|
| "It'll probably take, say two more hours. You could come back or..." he
| must have detected the sudden despair in my eyes, "actually, you
| could probably take it with you right now."
`----

http://acycle.org/works/58

Too many misconceptions in the essay, e.g. "Fedora, it turns out, is Red
Hat's sandbox, where they release and test the stuff that will, after the
crowd has tested and debugged and improved it, will be packaged with their
commercial Enterprise products."

This is anti-Red Hat FUD. That aside, Fedora Core is best/more suited for
technical users. Ubuntu, Linspire, Xandros or SLED would have been better
choices to make.

All that aside, you can see that people know every little about partitioning.
And Windows Vista, kindly enough, will make matters even worse by tossing
away the MBR