Re: [News] Bill Gates a Narcissistic CEO

>,----[ Quote ]
>| In my BillG review meeting, the whole reporting hierarchy was there,
>| along with their cousins, sisters, and aunts, and a person who came
>| along from my team whose whole job during the meeting was to keep an
>| accurate count of how many times Bill said the F word. The lower the
>| f***-count, the better.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Four," announced the f*** counter, and everyone said, "wow, that's the
>| lowest I can remember. Bill is getting mellow in his old age." He was,
>| you know, 36.
>|
>| Later I had it explained to me. "Bill doesn't really want to review
>| your spec, he just wants to make sure you've got it under control. His
>| standard M.O. is to ask harder and harder questions until you admit that
>| you don't know, and then he can yell at you for being unprepared. Nobody
>| was really sure what happens if you answer the hardest question he can
>| come up with because it's never happened before."
>`----
>
>http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/06/16.html
>

>Maybe it's just a language culture in the board...
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| At that point, Mr. Ballmer picked up a chair and threw it across the
>| room hitting a table in his office. Mr. Ballmer then said: "Fucking Eric
>| Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I'm going to fucking bury that guy, I have
>| done it before, and I will do it again. I'm going to fucking kill Google."
>`----
>
>http://battellemedia.com/archives/001835.php

This sort of stuff sounds like reports of what the Scientology top level
is like under David Miscavige...  they have a "tone scale" to describe
the various levels of this :-)

But in general this is typical of basically any fundamentally abusive
system, wherein punishment has a higher emphasis than reward.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence:  http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/