Re: [News] Microsoft's DRM Hacked

__/ [ arachnid ] on Wednesday 30 August 2006 02:26 \__

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:41:43 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Peter Hayes ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 17:33 \__
>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5294750.stm
>>>
>>> Mark Mulligan, an analyst from Jupiter Research, said: "I think Microsoft
>>> will be putting tools into place to close the hole - they are the big
>>> gorilla of the digital media space - whenever they develop a piece of
>>> technology people try to hack it and crack it.
>>>
>>> "They have good systems in place to dynamically update their system to
>>> make sure holes are filled."
>>>
>>> Uh huh.
>>
>> They have just 'fixed' it. I saw it somewhere among the feeds.

         Microsoft tackles anti-copy hole

> You can be sure it'll be in the next MS "Critical Security" update.

More critical than Internet Explorer7 I doubt it, Killing Firefox is a higher
priority than stopping copyright infringement. And let's not forget WGA. The
notion of important system updates is being misued.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Double your drive space - delete Windows"
roy      pts/6                         Tue Aug 29 05:12 - 05:15  (00:03)