Re: Vista pricing

  • Subject: Re: Vista pricing
  • From: "billwg" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 29 Aug 2006 11:25:40 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> A lot has been said about the confusion this fragmentation would cause, so
> this opinion is unilaterally agreed upon. I wonder what logic stands behind
> all of this. Maybe Microsoft is 'Killing the Goose'.

I'm sure you hope that were the case, roy boy, but things are never so
bleak as that!  The vast majority of systems sold will have but a
single choice, as made by the OEM selling the machine and the consumer
need only know that Windows is still in charge to be well satisfied.
Those making an incremental decision for the "economy" model vs a
"premium" model will have adequate explanation of the reasons why they
should pay the higher charge to receive a substantial benefit.  Those
of means will always go for the gusto, IMO.  Think leather seats in
your SUV.  Almost none are sold with cloth anymore.