Re: [News] MySQL is a Winner - The Fastest Database

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 14:10 \__

> On 2006-08-29, Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:17:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> MySQL runs fastest
>
>> Funny... ISTR a few folks in these parts whining about how sad and
>> pathetic MySQL is compared to a "real" database.
>
>  One can be faster by taking shortcuts. My understanding is that MySQL
> *does*, in fact, have some limitations and lacks some features. It's
> possible for MySQL to perform well in some circumstances and not others,
> just like you wouldn't want to commute in a Formula 1 race car, or put a
> stock car up against Formula 1's in a race.

There are tasks where Postgres is said to be far faster. I guess there is no
one 'golden' answer to the question "which is the best database?". Operating
systems likewise. Use the database benchmarks as a case study if you will...
*smile*