Re: [News] MySQL is a Winner - The Fastest Database

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 11:31 \__

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:17:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> MySQL runs fastest
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The results are in, and MySQL came out on top. C't just did a comparison
>> | of different databases and found that MySQL is the "fastest database
>> | application." The magazine's editors held the contest to evaluate
>> | database performance in real-world business use by creating a standard
>> | online inventory system.
>> `----
>>
>> http://asay.blogspot.com/2006/08/mysql-runs-fastest.html
>
> Funny... ISTR a few folks in these parts whining about how sad and
> pathetic MySQL is compared to a "real" database.

It's also worth seeing:

http://tinyurl.com/9kzjr
http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/database/soa/Road_test_Four_databases_tested/0,39024547,39224962,00.htm

MySQL serves me really well. It's very fast even with large databases.