Re: [News] Open Source is Losing, But Who Cares?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Open Source is Losing, But Who Cares?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 08:02:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 26 August 2006 21:09 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:28:40 -0400, Aunty Diluvian wrote:
>>

>>> It's not about winning, which it can't, it's about telling
>>> astounding stories of OSS gains, inroads and advances.
>>> It's about hype and spin with the emphasis on overtaking
>>> Microsoft and THEIR failures.while its' own failures are
>>> sent to the background.
>>>
>>> It's about who is the best liar and OSS is winning in that race.
>>>
>>> But who cares.  OSS is not relevant in any major endeavor.
>>> Whether it loses or wins is not going to cause any market
>>> fluctuation either way.  Is that good news?
>>
>> Where's the link to this article? This sounds more like a rant than it
>> does News.
>
> This is the coolest thing I've seen in ages - _Roy_ pay attention over
> here, you're being emulated by a troll!  Amazing!  Have a beer on me :-)

Yes, I saw that a couple of days ago and alt's reply made me chuckle. Watch
the thread subject-lined "People who are using windows just don't get it".
The trolls convince themselves that my entire life revolves around COLA.
*LOL* How convenient.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - I won't be very active on COLA or the Internet today because I move
between apartments.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Have you compiled your kernel today?"
Tasks: 129 total,   1 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie