Re: [News] GIMP Launches Paid Usability Project

__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Sunday 27 August 2006 02:56 \__

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:08:54 +0000, Oliver Wong wrote:
>
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Different tasks require different behaviours and methods of
>>> organisation. That is, for example, why some applications use tabs (Web
>>> browsers), but some are more hesitant (E-mail client). The Thunderbird
>>> team was prepared to
>>> implement it at some stage.
>>
>>     I hadn't heard of this. What would multiple tabs be used for? Multiple
>> e-mails or something? I almost always read my e-mails in the preview pane,
>> so I usually only have 1 e-mail window open at any one time.
>
> How about displaying one account per tab?  I've got nine accounts defined
> at the moment and more coming; having a tab-per-account for layout
> purposes would be a Good Thing.

I use tabs with Horde Mail. It makes everything much quicker as you can
multitask. In mail clients, on the contrary, windows get
fragmented/multiplied. No keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures to move
between windows. I do, however, have mouse gestures set up in Thunderbird.
It only caters for basic navigation and actions though.