Re: [News] Vista Sheds Another Feature, Fails into Own 64-Bit Suppression Trap

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Friday 25 August 2006 16:06 \__

> "Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> There will be no
>> advantage to having a PC at all, indeed, you might as well just buy a
>> PS3 if you want to play high-definition movies.  At least you'll be able
>> to play games as well.
>
>     My interpretation of this is that Mark is implying that the PC won't be
> able to play games, which is of course completely ridiculous.

Microsoft doesn't yet play games on Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| The firm has its Vista logo all over its boothm, but all the machines that
| we investigated were running Windows XP.
|
| Obviously, it is still not the right time to switch to Vista as things
| might be not stable for current games. We hope that they can meet the
| early 2007 schedules.

> One of the
> big marketting efforts from Microsoft is that Vista and the XBox360 will
> both provide the same DirectX 10 API libraries thus making it easier to
> develop "cross-platform" games.

No. DirectX is proprietary technology. It is Microsoft's tool for killing
OpenGL, which encourages openness and thereby interoperability.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"
Mem:    514480k total,   474372k used,    40108k free,    13900k buffers