Re: [News] Massachusetts' Move to OpenDocument is Definite, OO.org Preparing for Adoption

  • Subject: Re: [News] Massachusetts' Move to OpenDocument is Definite, OO.org Preparing for Adoption
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:57:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:06:10 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Massachusetts reaffirms move to ODF

,----[ Quote ]
| Massachusetts, which in 2005 became the first U.S. state to commit to
| using ODF (Open Document Format) in all its offices, has reportedly
| reaffirmed that the policy will indeed begin on Jan. 1, 2007.
| | Microsoft's accessibility software doesn't work natively on
| OpenOffice.org. However, a set of new plug-ins is being developed that
| will solve the problem, Galli reports.

Also see:

The New Mass ODF Target Date is June 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| I now have a copy of the letter that Massachusetts CIO has sent
| to representatives of the community of people with disabilities, and
| there are a number of details that I was very pleased to see.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20060824194100137

Umm.. so which is it? Will it begin on Jan 1st? or June 2007? If the latter, then the first article isn't accurate, so why publish it?

Both.

<quote>
the Information Technology Division (ITD) has delayed its planned date for full ODF implementation by all Executive Agency users by only six months, to June of 2007. Early adopter implementations of plugin software (including at the Massachusetts Office on Disability) will begin in January of next year.
</quote>

Of course you knew that.