Re: [News] Register Letters on a Stupid Operating System (Windows)

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 20:50 \__

>> __/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 19:24 \__
>>
>>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>     Perhaps we should create a site which lists Microsoft's twelve
>>> tenets,
>>> and then lists violations for each of them, as an open letter to
>>> Microsoft
>>> to address these issues, and to raise awareness of issues to the
>>> community.
>>
>> If only Microsoft had years... or read its mail... or did not
                         ^

Ears, not years.

>> automatically
>> purge it within 6 months. Trust me, there's not much one ought to do to
>> prove that Microsoft is unethical. It is, after all, an already-convicted
>> monopolist.
>
>     Microsoft is interested in maintaining public image, at the very least.

I doubt it. Microsoft has the customer locked in. And its actions suggest
that unethical behaviour is only stopped when the legal threat makes it an
investment that is no longer worthwhile.

> I think you have the perception that everyone just accepts that Microsoft
> is unethical due to the crowd you hang out with just like the way I had the
> perception that everyone just accepts Linux is difficult to use due to the
> crowd I hung out with. I think if you raise a stink, Microsoft may react.
> I'm just not sure yet what its reaction will be. Anyway, it was just a
> thought.

I suggest you have anoher look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4MzqBFxZE

>     I checked a few minutes ago and 12tenets.com is available if anyone
> wishes to purchase it.

Wow! Microsoft bought a domain for a fiver. That must mean that the Tenets
will be taken seriously. *rolls eyes* For what it's worth, the tenets have
already been broken multiple times since.

> [...]
>>
>> PS - Groklaw retains many such lists, which include backing in the form of
>> links and documents.
>
>     To be honest, Groklaw looks too dry to be used as a decent vehicule
> for... I don't know what to call it... Anti-Monopolistic Behaviour Advocacy
> for the Masses?

Groklaw presents "the search for truth". And if for one moment you think that
SCO's claims are /not/ made up, then I label you a Microsoft and SCO
apologist. Groklaw takes pride in a sophisticated crowd and community.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
roy      pts/1                         Fri Aug 25 06:20 - 06:24  (00:04)