Re: Tiny, sub-$100 PC runs Puppy Linux

>     I think there will always be a market for commercial software.
>
> http://microisvjournal.wordpress.com/2006/08/23/open-source-vs-uisvs-some-myths-that-need-to-die/
> <quote>
> OSS will reach every niche in the software world and there will be no space
> for proprietary software [is one such myth which needs to die].
> </quote>

I agree completely.  However, I think open source will have a big
impact in general purpose, commodity software---operating systems,
office suites, etc.  In fact,  I would argue that this is a good thing,
since the efforts of future software developers can be devoted to areas
where real value can be added.