Re: Try doing this with Linux...

On 2006-08-24, news.cogeco.ca <BushIsATraitor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Linux does 32 virtual desktops, at least in KDE 3.4.
>
> What?  Only 32?

Enlightenment (16.5) allows 2048 (up to 32 "multiple desktops", each
with up to 8x8 "virtual desktops" the size of the physical screen), at
least on my box -- don't know if that's hardware dependent or a
compile-time configuration option or what have you.  (Personally I
find 3x2x3 to be more than adequate in terms of real estate, and
enlightenment's pager makes navigating among them a breeze.)

> All 32 of them badly.....

<shrug> eye of the beholder I guess, I've been using e 16.5
since... hrmm... at least 2000 or so now, never a problem.

--
Darrin