Re: Microsoft Cannot Protect Windows, So It 'Educates' People

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 00:02 \__

> <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> It would be fun to go picket them with penguin and "Safe Computing?
>> Buy a Mac" signs.
>
>     I haven't read the article yet, but from the summary I'd assume that
>     (at
> least part of) the education would involve preventing social engineering
> attacks, which are platform independent. "Don't click on the links within
> SPAM e-mail", for example.
>
>     That said, I agree it *would* be amusing. And hopefully videos of it
> will pop up on YouTube or Google Video soon thereafter.

SPAM comes from Windows zombies. Without zombies (proxies), the spammers can
be caught (or at least blocked/blacklisted) immediately.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S