Re: [News] Windows Zombies Give Us SPAM - Some Stats

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Zombies Give Us SPAM - Some Stats
  • From: Bruce Scott TOK <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:44:26 +0200 (MEST)
  • Author-supplied-address: bds <AT> ipp <DOT> mpg <DOT> de
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Kier wrote:

|> Really? Personally I get maybe three or four hundred, over a period of
|> maybe a couple of weeks (this is per account, so double that). I don't
|> check those two accounts all that often, so it can sometimes accumulate a
|> little more. If you're getting 6000 a *day*, maybe you should stop puting
|> you address about so much :-)

Yet another one who can't really imagine it :-)

For me the damage was already done in the early 1990s, and for reasons
similar to those discussed in the mid-90s on news.admin.n-a.e I refuse
to change my address.  It is also listed in scientific papers, i.e., I
want to keep it constant on a time scale of decades.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence:  http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/