Re: [News] Gates Foundation Secretly Buys Media Sources

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers

$350 million to MediaNews

,----[ Quote ]
| Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
| those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
| It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
| philanthropy outfit.

No wonder we barely see Linux in the press.

One of the papers was:

"San Jose Mercury News"

Which is a leading reporter on computing news.

Strange that a "charitable" organization would want to buy newspapers...