Re: [News] Linux Handheld Console Scored 9.4 out of 10

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 23:00 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> GP2X (Gaming Device Reviewed on Darkzero)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| With so many open features the GP2X landscape will be constantly
>>| evolving, and with the power of the Internet it already has a big
>>| community following.
>> `----
>>
>> http://darkzero.co.uk/v4/games/review/699/gp2x
>
> The GP2X is really hitting the world very hard.  It's rather fascinating
> to see all that effort over all these years of developing computer
> emulation code paying off in one big hit... the world at large might
> still be a little scared of installing linux on a PC, but when it's
> pre-installed, like on the GP2X, there's no stopping people.
>
> One thing I didn't mention in my review, and I've not seen in any of the
> others, but it is quite important - I've not seen the GP2X crash...

I hear that Windows Mobile is unstable. I never used that platform for more
than an hour, so I can't really testify. But the last time I reboot my Palm
was a long, long time ago. I can't even remember it.

In windows, reboots/crashed are like a feature. They tell you about it coming
in... whereas, with Linux, you may never come across that. If it happened,
you'd probably need to investigate. I guess it's like handling a death
during gory days of war, as opposed to having a serious incident occurring
in mundane life, which can get the police investigating for months, if not
years.