Re: Windows Vista Will Wipe Linux Partitions

  • Subject: Re: Windows Vista Will Wipe Linux Partitions
  • From: "Darth Chaos" <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Aug 2006 15:20:44 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:44:53 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> > __/ [ miroco ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 18:15 \__

> >> Why are they such assholes?
> >
> > It's the mantra. They will make it look like it's an innocent mistake. Just
> > as they have been doing with Web standards for so many years.
>
> It's not an innocent mistake, it's very deliberate.  And there's a damn
> good reason for it too.  Microsoft has no responsibility to maintain the
> proper boot sector for other OS's.  Period.
>
> > Erasing the MBR is the same as erasing a file (purging a pointer to it), The
> > average computer user will never be able to recover it.
>
> Yet you suppose they'll be able to decide to keep their old boot loader,
> and configure it to boot windows as well?
>
> Right.

Maybe it's time for Microsoft to be brought before the International
Criminal Court. Somebody needs to put Microsoft in its place...even if
it means prosecuting them fully.

You know what? I hope Microsoft gets involved in an Enron-type scandal,
with Steve Ballmer put in prison for life (only to die "under
mysterious circumstances")...of course Bill and Melinda Gates would get
off the hook because of their NWO - I mean UN - tax break - I mean the
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.