Re: [News] KIBA Dock (Mac OS X Dock Clone) in SUSE Linux

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 19:38 \__

>> KIBA Dock on SLED 10
>>
>> This dock has all those physics-type effects you may find in Mac OS.
>>
>> http://moosy.blogspot.com/2006/08/kiba-dock-on-sled-10.html
>
>     Your description reminds me of "BumpTop 3D" which uses a 3D physics
> engine so that you can actually toss files around, and they will collide
> with each other and knock each other over. Video at
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ODskdEPnQ

Yes, I've seen that. IIRC, I even posted this to COLA when it had first gone
public. Also see:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/akamaru.git/

It wasn't quite ready when I initially had it posted. Maybe it was even
experimental, but everything seems to evolve... like Luminocity coming to
XGL. I wonder if 3D Desktop is next < http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/ >.