Re: [News] "Open Source Revolution" in Storage Space

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 07:56 \__
>
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Storage Market Faces Open-Source Revolution
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=24083
>>
>> There won't be many places left which haven't faced an open-source
>> revolution, soon.
>
> Sadly, this may be true.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/aqdv2
>
> Not sure how this can relate to project Singularity, which is a ripoff of
> UNIX/POSIX architecture. Even benchmarks seem to suggest so. They show BSD
> creating processes an order of magnitude faster.

I've said the same several times, but I'm sure that MS need to get a new
code base very quickly indeed - their present one is not maintainable,
insecure, unreliable and incomprehensible.

Do not permit a woman to ask forgiveness, for that is only the first
step.  The second is justification of herself by accusation of you.
		-- DeGourmont