[News] DistroWatch Weekly - Highlights

DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 165, 21 August 2006

,----[ Quote of a quote ]
| GNOME 2.16 Beta has been in Edgy Eft (Ubuntu 6.10) for the past few days.
| It is functioning extremely well. I've seen some occasional crashes
| with Epiphany and Nautilus but I hope that it will be fixed soon. Other
| than that, there are lots of new things in GNOME 2.16. Nautilus,
| Evolution, Tomboy, GEdit all have had great speed improvements.
| Evolution used to use around ~45 MB on my machine and now it uses barely
| 25 MB. Its functionality has improved as well. Nautilus uses less memory.
| As usual, GNOME Terminal has also undergone some speed improvements."
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060821#news

Worth seeing is the following, which was included in this digest:

        Linux timeline (distro-based chronological map)

        http://730x.up.md/wp-content/44218-1.png

reminds me of the Linux mindmap (more complete)

        http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3370/2500/1600/GNULinuxupdatedw4.0.jpg