Re: SanDisk gambles more flash will set Sansa e280 MP3 apart from Ipod, Zune

  • Subject: Re: SanDisk gambles more flash will set Sansa e280 MP3 apart from Ipod, Zune
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:47:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ alt ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 07:07 \__

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:05:37 -0700, John Bailo wrote:
>
>> I have an m200 Sansa and think it's the best deal going for me ( just
>> 1G, but I can carry around my Rhapsody To Go albums and play in the car).
>
> I have a Sansa e130 which I am very happy with. Only 512MB Onboard, but I
> have a 2GB SD card in it as well. Plugs into Linux and just looks like a
> mass storage device. Only USB 1.1 though, but that's not a huge deal. I
> just pop out the SD card and plug it into my USB 2.0 card reader. :-)

Just like it works with Palm devices. Either pilot-link or a card reader for
a peripheral SD card. All players should ultimately be treated like
mass-storage devices. Some recent models of the Palm, such as the LifeDrive
(Tungten 5 too?) have this capability. I can recall an MP3 player that I had
6 years ago Standards were primitive and you relied on some gross Windows
application to handle communication.