Re: is this our ewic

  • Subject: Re: is this our ewic
  • From: "nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 21 Aug 2006 09:30:04 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Doug Mentohl wrote:
> on Aug 21 2006 6:03 pm nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > As I recall you have your own history with Eric, but in my opinion
> > you shouldn't bring this kind of stuff into this newsgroup.
>
> What stuff. its a public blog. It's not as if I am posting private
> information. All I asked is if it was our fuddie.

I know it's public, and it seems pretty innocuous, too, but that just
makes it irrelevant.  The main reason I object is that there have been
cases recently of people digging into the private lives of people they
don't like and bringing the material up here for ridicule.  Then there
was the case of Eric himself, who dug into Roy's web sites and loudly
accused him of piracy, with the enthusiastic help of flatfish, I think
it was for lack of attribution of a photo he used.  This was not as bad
as the first case, but still pretty low in my opinion.  And there have
been quite a few efforts at character assassination, usually of people
the wintrolls don't like.  So drawing attention to Eric's web site is
not in the same league, but it does remind one of the dirty tricks that
I've mentioned.  In my opinion it's best to play the advocacy straight.
 There's no lack of material.