Re: COLA Stats 20 Aug 2006

  • Subject: Re: COLA Stats 20 Aug 2006
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:30:52 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:gX8D01gOaKY25lKK6IBcgMvJ1/g=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Peter KÃhlmann ] on Monday 21 August 2006 19:01 \__
>
>> Oliver Wong wrote:
>>
>>> "Roy Culley" <rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>     Why is it that I don't have the honor of having my e-mail address
>>>     posted
>>> after my name?
>>>

>> Many aren't honored that way
>

> The honour of more spam.
>

>>>     And why is the label of "MS Apologist" chosen over, for example,
>>>     "Linux Apologist"?
>>>

>> Did you happen to notice what group this is?
>> It is *not* "MS-windows-is-better"
>

> To play devil's (not Microsoft's, neither do I imply that Oliver is a devil)
> advocate, Oliver crossed over from Java advocacy because he wished to be
> persuaded that Linux is indeed right for him. He expresses hesitance and
> skepticism, but to many his arguments seem like blatant
> misinteretations

Not to me they dont. All he ever does is question obvious lies and
untruths. Similar to myself and certainly less abrasive than I can
be. The fact that you label him an MS Apologist says a lot more about
your fanboi status and whining, obesquiousness to all thinks Linux than
it does about any perceived "love" he might have for Windows. From what
I've seen of his posts he just tells the truths and compares fact to fact.

> that spread disinformation for readers to see. It's a grey area and I think
> trust is needed.

Thank you oh holy one.

> I would still strongly argue that Vista is Windows XP (Server 2003, which is
> its close sibling) with a new theme (the Aero component/project). The
> underlying code of Longhorn was thrown away not so long ago. A promotional
> list on Wikipedia gives nothing but sales pitch. Any /notable/ (READ:
> pragmatic) promised feature, which Microsoft engineers had planned for
> Longhorn several years ago, was conceded.

A promtotional wiki is sales pitch? Wowola! There's a surprise.

>> So you MS apologists are not only off-topic here, you simply are recognized
>> as the habitual liars most of you are
>> Just look at Erik F. There is rarely a post of him longer than 5 words
>> which does not contain at least one blatant lie

Would you like to reference some?

> ...which is why he is so well fed. Nothing appeals for more reaction than
> lies and flames. That's why I stopped reading his lies... oops, I mean
> posts.

And you continue to FUD this NG with your misinterpretations of news
posts you have plaguarised from their sources? Your doubel standards
seem to know no bounds.