Re: Microsoft Anti-Linux FUD Raised a Notch, Invades Slashdot

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Slashdot promotes windows!
> Other colleagues in the area
> | also have noticed this about 3 Microsoft Partners or so they claim
> | have been going out of their way to strike fear of OSS in
> | companies that respond with 'yes we use Open source or Linux'
> | when the sales call comes in.

It seems that shrewd IT managers do not admit that they are running
Linux, especially those running back room Linux servers etc in an
obstensibly Windows environment.

A MS sales tactic seems to be to almost give away its products to
prominent users (eg Buckingham Palace, LSE, selected school systems and
universities) just for the publicity impact.