Re: [News] It's OpenDocument Format in Massachusetts Next Month

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Saturday 09 December 2006 11:48 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>  to stop it. And I
>
> These articles would seem frustrating...except that I believe the end
> result of it is that Micrsoft will spend itself into the ground trying to
> hold back the ocean.

It's like a game of whack-a-mole. You can intercept a few 'hostile'
occurrences as soon as they appear (e.g. Massachusetts), but at some point
they just appear too fast (China, Denmark, Germany, Google, IBM) and you
just can't handle the pace.

Microsoft is paranoid and it's whacking anything that even remotely resembles
competition, even if it's just some kid who reverse-engineered Microsoft's
DRM.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
Tasks: 149 total,   3 running, 144 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie