Re: Is Adobe getting at MS here??

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Friday 01 December 2006 14:31 \__

> On Friday 01 December 2006 14:28 B Gruff wrote:
>
>> I don't really understand what's being said here, even.
>
>> http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa06-02.html
>
> Ooops - sorry - aleady posted - I'll follow the original thread.

I hope this doesn't anger you. I also hope youguys don't resent me either.
When I find something that burns a fuse I just post away because there's a
chance it will never appear in COLA. I also notice that Kesley has just
posted some embarrassing MS facts that I had spotted 1-3 days ago. As long
as it aligns with the goal/charter (advantages of Linux), repeating can only
help. We revolve around the same issues over and over again and it's nice
when a well-studied case that's studied by journalists confirms what we
always argue on a smaller scale with less exposure.

Yesterday at the pub I discussed the issue of reaching out to deliver ideas
to non-techies. I argued that we don't need to reach them with our
arguments. Rather than discuss the merits of Linux among ourselves we need
to convince others in IT, but not beyond it. Then, IT decision makers (e.g.
admins and OEM's) will simply delivers the best technology to 'the masses'.
This means that we only need to' educate' a small proportion of the
population in order to flip things over entirely. That's why Microsoft has
the MVP program and Ballmer yells our devs, devs, devs, devs...

Evans recently published a study which suggests technies are more
Linux-inclined than ever before. We are winning the minds of the critical
decision makers and application devs. MS knows it and it's running scared,
based on what I see in Microsoft's own back yard (MS blogs). Perhaps it's
time for MS to restrict the posting and send more of their 'marketers' to
advertise MSN through blog comments. They do all that and more. They have
been talking a lot about buying bloggers... for well over a year AFAICT.