Re: Bad guys are winning

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 06 December 2006 15:38 \__

> Quote:
> -------------
> Three years ago at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Bill
> Gates, the Microsoft chairman, made an audacious prediction: The
> problem of unsolicited junk e-mail messages on the Internet would "be
> solved by 2006," he said.
>
> [describes strategies for blocking spam]
>
> Spammers have effectively foiled the first strategy - analyzing the
> reputation of the sender - by conscripting vast networks of computers
> belonging to users who unknowingly downloaded viruses or spyware.
> Secure Computing, an anti-spam company based in San Jose, California,
> reports that 250,000 new computers are captured and added to these spam
> "botnets" each day, without the knowledge of their owners.
> ----------------------
>
> http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/12/05/business/spam.php?page=3

Maybe I should set up a forwarder.

spam at schestowitz.com >> spam at microsoft.com

You know, just take it back home. That's the way I've handled FrontPage
extension 404's for years, as well as DDOS attacks (been a year since the
last one).

Microsoft also said XP was ultra secure when they released it. They say the
same things about VIsta, yet it's already vulnersable.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Community is code, code is community