[News] Microsoft Makes OpenOffice 'Dangerous'

OpenOffice.org is a Minefield

,----[ Quote ]
| As we all know, Novell's "customers" now also enjoy protection from
| Microsoft litigation as well.
|
| So, now you have your choice - accept Microsoft's license terms,
| which both Sun and Novell have seen as necessary, or risk Microsoft's
| wrath. And, having seen the lengths that they are willing to go to
| stem the adoption of ODF, I am not taking any chances.
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/12/05/openofficeorg-is-a-minefield/

Macros aside, there is C# code being embedded and there are various moves
which aim to destroy ODF adoption, including a self-commissioned 'study'.
The idea is to preserve control over the format and make OpenOffice software
that's not free (fork if needed).