[News] NViDIA Releases New Linux Drivers

NVIDIA 1.0-9631 Driver Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source drivers for NVIDIA nForce hardware are included in the
| standard Linux kernel and leading Linux distributions. This page
| includes information on open source drivers, and driver disks for
| older Linux distributions including 32-bit and 64-bit versions of
| Linux.
`----

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

Related:

...pledge at least $10 USD towards the development of the open source nouveau
driver for the nvidia card series...

,----[ Quote ]
| For the longest time nvidia have failed to provide specifications
| for their hardware or a working free accelerated 3d driver for
| inclusion with X.org. Thus leaving the many users of their
| videocards on popular UN*X systems such as Linux with only the
| option of using a 2d only driver or using nvidia' notorious
| proprietary driver.
|
| With the advent of technological improvements to the underlying
| system to allow desktop effects this leaves a great number of users
| out in the cold. A project does exists to reverse engineer a driver
| for the existing nvidia cards, however this is a hard task which
| will require many man hours to complete. Thus the aim to present
| the Nouveau team with this no strings attached donation of at least
| $10.000 USD to further their nobel effort in developing this driver.
`----

http://www.pledgebank.com/nouveaudriver

Linux Display Driver - x86

,----[ Snippet ]
| NVIDIA now provides a utility to assist you with configuration of
| your X config file.
`----

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-9629.html

Next-Generation NVIDIA Performance Tools Speed Development
Times for Linux and Windows Applications

,----[ Overview ]
| New NVPerfKit 2.1 Suite of Tools Offers Advanced Debugging,
| Visualization and Profiling Capabilities for Improved
| Cross-Platform GPU-Based Software Development
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061019/sfth010.html?.v=67

GLX was recently added for better AIGLX richness in Linux 'eye candy'. Vista
is still waiting (until mid-December, IIRC, according to the Reg the the
INQ).

Nvidia delays DX 10 drive

,----[ Quote ]