Re: [News] Vista Piracy Has Begun

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Monday 04 December 2006 15:22 \__

> Richard Rasker wrote:

>>> The Guardian may like to know that:-

>>> 2. Linux has already won Thailand. See news in
>>> http://www.linuxinsider.com
>>
>> I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. The new military government
>> apparently has been FUD'ed and bribed by Microsoft to abandon not just
>> Linux, but also the OLPC project:
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36016
>> http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/thailand/thailand_not_buying_olpc.html
>>

>> Richard Rasker
>>

> Dam my line broke, I've lost a few fish before, there's always a bigger one
> in the pond somewhere.

Yes, a colleague of mine from Thailand saw this coming. There's a lot of
handshaking in this country (self-serving politics), often involving
outsiders. Either way, Pakistan may soon be joining the OLPC bandwagon.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Never awaking askew, no matter what they ask you
  6:05pm  up 47 days  4:19,  8 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.68, 0.74