Looking for a Firefox extension

  • Subject: Looking for a Firefox extension
  • From: Bob <bob@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 05:47:29 -0800
  • Newsgroups: alt.html, comp.os.linux.advocacy
I have serious glare problems with my CRT monitor that cannot be remedied by any of the usual fixes - I have tried adjusting the contrast, brightness and gamma until the cows come home and nothing has changed. I have found that if I set the text color to RGB (120,120,120) - basically a light grey - the problem pretty much goes away, since glare problems with CRT monitors are dependent on the contrast between type and background, in part.

Bottom line: I tried to adjust color in Firefox preferences for text color. I turned it to the grey above. But the only way to make it work was to uncheck "let webpages override my settings". This somehow screwed up everything horribly - many backgrounds simply refused to load at all, some page functions stopped working, etc.

I am looking for an extension that will allow me to say, highlight some text (the text I am trying to read) and turn it all to the grey that I want.

Do you know of any?

Sorry, Firefox newsgroups are all down now.
--
http://robertlindsay.blogspot.com/