[News] Windows Vista Less Than Meets the Eye, Insecure on Arrival

Vista has landed! But it won't take off

,----[ Quote ]
| That's around £1,500 per new Vista machine, which doesn't include
| the cost of making changes to your server infrastructure and support
| costs -- your MD's going to love that.
|
| [...]
|
| The first half of that argument is probably valid, but the second
| half -- that twaddle about how Vista's improved performance and
| reliability will make us more effective -- has to be nonsense.
| We've used Vista, and haven't seen much in it that'll help us
| send an email or open a Word document any quicker.
`----

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,39029471,49285705,00.htm

Also today:

Sophos Claim: One-Third Of November's Malware Can Breach Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196600583&subSection=Breaking+News