[News] Linux Magazine Xmas Shopping Guide

The 2006 Holiday Shopping Guide

,----[ Quote ]
| But the geeks were restless and yes, even sad. They didn't want
| Elmo, a scooter, or some such fad. "Give us RAM, dual cores, and
| an iPod," they said. "Or we'd be quite happy with Bill Gates's
| head." Why old Saint Nick couldn't believe his ears, as geeks are
| quite friendly the rest of the year. Lucky for Santa, he read Linux
| Mag, and he stuffed gadgets and gizmos into his bag.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2822/

Speaking of magazines, PCLinuxOS has a new one for December:

PCLinuxOS Magazine December 2006 Issue 4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| It is my privilege to announce on behalf of the team members of the
| PCLinuxOS Magazine Project sponsored by MyPCLinuxOS.com, the December2
| 006 issue (#4)  is available for download!  Our previous issues can
| also be downloaded.
`----

http://mag.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16

Another Xmas idea that's D-I-Y:

GameCube Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This is GNU/Linux on the Nintendo Gamecube -- a port of the
| Linux operating system kernel and assorted GNU userspace
| utilities to the GameCube video game console from Nintendo.
`----

http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page

Also see:

The Open source gift guide - Open source hardware, software and more for the
holidays

,----[ Quote ]
| There are hundreds of gift guides this holiday season filled with junk
| you can buy - but a lot of time you actually don't own it, you can't
| improve upon it, you can't share it or make it better, you certainly
| can't post the plans, schematics and source code either.
`----

http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2006/11/the_open_source_1.html

Give the Gift of Pre-Installed Linux This Year

,----[ Quote ]
| With Christmas around the corner, you'll be glad to know that
| you can check out over 100 vendors around the globe who offer
| desktop and notebook computers with GNU/Linux pre-installed.

Giving the Gift of Ubuntu Linux for Christmas?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/06/11/04/0611256.shtml