Re: [News] The Next Ubuntu Linux Might Gets 3-D Login Screen

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:00:49 +0000

>>> http://macslow.thepimp.net/projects/lowfat/preview-1.swf
>>> http://macslow.thepimp.net/projects/lowfat/preview-1.ogg
>>
>> Hm.  Maybe I'm getting old but I for one fail to see the point.
>> I like the notion of making it more robust and the delineations
>> clearer, though, but that's about it.
>
> That's because you're a pragmatic adult.

Not to mention pedantic. :-)

> Others fancy the eye candy (and will
> most likely shut down/log off frequently). I rarely see GRUB and I sometimes
> wonder why I thought about customising/hacking. I've stipped many things
> off, including UI animations...

I might consider customizing GRUB (Gentoo's done something
with it) so as to allow unique machine identification for
OEM resale, but that's about it.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }