[News] [SOT] PC 'Maintenance' Stifles Innovation; UNIX Improvements with Open Source

IT maintenance burden stifles innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| Keeping systems up and running is holding back European IT managers
| from contributing to business improvement as much as they could.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/19/it_stifile_innovation/

I suppose we all know what software requires reboots, reinstallation (wipe),
cleaning up of infections, tidying up Registries, protective software,
defragging, FAT recoveries, care for performance and upgrades...

HP battens down HP-UX

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2006/12/19/hpux_secure/