Re: [News] England Keeps Tough Stance Against Software Patents

begin  oe_protect.scr
Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Halliburton loses software patent appeal in UK
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | England's Court of Appeal has upheld a ruling that two
>> | software-related patents were invalid. Oil giant Halliburton's
>> | attempts to patent in the UK a software system for designing drill
>> | bits has failed.
>> `----
>>
> good

And long may this continue.  It would be all to easy for the UK to
capitulate to US-centric business interests.  A really good example of
what not to do is Tony Blair's extradition treaty, where we hand over
bankers accused of white-collar crime under a banner of "anti-terrorism"
legislation, whilst the US parliament refuses to pass their half of the
treaty on the grounds that Irish terrorists might be included in the
"war on terrorism"!

I will make you shorter by the head.
		-- Elizabeth I