Re: [News] Sony Keeps Target on WorkStation3 (sic) Sales

> Sony keeps targets for PS3 shipments
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Sony said Thursday it sees no need to change its target to ship 2
> | million units of its PlayStation 3 game console worldwide by the
> | end of December and 6 million by the end of next March.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/2110-1043_3-6143631.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
> http://tinyurl.com/yhv9l9
>
> That's a lot of Linux boxes in people's living rooms. Predictions say that
> the number could exceed 100 million within years (see below).

If you want to believe Sony,   for 2 million units by the end of the year,
they would have need to ship about 400K units a week,  you really thing they
have?    100 million,  doubtful at best,  unless they are dropping the price
real quick.
Thats only if the users install Linux on the PS3,   which won't happen.   I
guess Linux fans like slow in-order CPU without any access to the GPU,
which make Quake 3 run slower than my P2 400 with a Voodoo 2 card.