Re: Linux - Not a magic bullet

__/ [ Andy C.(never #) ] on Thursday 14 December 2006 15:19 \__

> I love Linux. Linux makes it possible for me to get the amount of work
> done that my pointy-haired bosses think any normal 3 people should do.
> But, Linux is not a magic bullet. I'm seeing personally that when you
> move a bunch of windows users to a Linux/Unix environment, instead of
> learning the right way to do things, they bitch and moan and try to
> circumvent security measures until your bright, shiny Linux network is
> just about as wide open as a windows one. So, at my next job, before we
> move windows users to Linux, they will have to go through 6 to 9 months
> of training/electro-shock treatment before I will give them an account.
>
> Later,
>
> Andy C.(never #)

What about letting them do particular tasks under VMWare? You know, one step
at a time, without needing to reboot or swap partitions. Slowly one departs
from applications that provide a 'comfort zone'. Moreover, there's somewhere
to escape if the worker feels pressured.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Coffee makes mw to0 jittery
roy      pts/3                         Thu Dec 14 08:07 - 08:08  (00:00)