Re: [News] Linux - Not Just Free of Charge

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux - Not Just Free of Charge
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:00:03 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:00 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Dr. GroundAxe <groundaxe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Introduction to Freedom
>>>
>>> ,----[ Main points ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.libervis.com/introduction_to_freedom
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libre
>>

>> Mindless hyperbole.
>
> Oh dear - you didn't understand, then?
>
>> What about the freedom of content developers to not
>> have their work stolen?
>
> This is not a "freedom", this is about imposing monopolies supported by
> the state, in order that people can extract money from other people in a
> state-sponsored way.
>
>> What about the freedom of companies to protect
>> IP that they have spent millions and millions of dollars developing?
>
> Again, this is not a "freedom", it is, once again, about imposing
> monopolies.
>
> They are only doing this in order to relieve the public of even more
> millions and millions and millions of dollars.  Let's not pretend that
> there's anything "nice" going on here, just capitalism.  I like
> capitalism, a lot, but abusing the legal system is not my view of how
> capitalism should work.

You've just proved beyond doubt that you, Mark Kent, are a crazy Linux
zealot with a totally and completely twisted outlook on reality.

Hopefully your job at the school doesn't go beyond being a toner monkey
because it would be a crime to have you poison the impressionable minds of
the young students with your lunacy.