Re: [News] Red Hat and Novell Make Progress

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 13 December 2006 17:15 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> | tapped Novell for identity and desktop management across its network,
>
> I still don't know what /identity/ management is.

I think that. among many things, it could alleviate this problem of having
many passwords on pieces of papers around the house. It's far beyond it
though. Without security, it's hopeless. Just look how many billions are
lost due to infiltration. I wonder if Microsoft will lead to Novell's
abandonment of its important identity management project. It sure did this
to Hula---and Exchange rival which OpenXchange put some effort into.

To tell you the turth, I would not be surprised if Novell abandoned Opensuse
as well some day in the future.., due to lack of demand, which is their
fault. SLED/SLES better fit their proprietary model and will also please
Novell's wife, who seeks to have a levy on GNU/Linux. How quickly things
change. This afternoon I saw Novell's site offering courses/training on
Windows and Linux (combined).

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
roy      pts/1                         Wed Dec 13 15:52   still logged in