[no subject]

Murdoch's tax dodging is legal. But that's the scandal, as the Americans
say. It doesn't inhibit the Sun, the News of the World, Times or Sunday
Times denouncing benefit 'scroungers'. Nor, once Blair had secured the
papers' support, did the Prime Minister hold back from lobbying the
Italian government on Murdoch's behalf and loosening anti-monopoly
legislation that might have restricted the global infotainment
conglomerates."
 http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,656070,00.html

"Murdoch finally pays tax in the UK!"
http://www.bloggerheads.com/archives/2006/04/murdoch_finally.asp
[You will note it's satire from Private Eye"

"Newscorp Investments is Rupert Murdoch's main British holding company.
Although the group's profits over the past 11 years add up to £1.4
billion ($2.1 billion), it has paid no net British corporation tax."
http://www.vision.net.au/~apaterson/politics/economist_murdoch.htm

I often wonder if Eliot Carver in the Bond movie "Tomorrow Never Dies" was
based on Murdoch. <grin>

> I think users have worked out by now that the majority of those channels
> are sales or dedicated to repeating very old programs over and over again.

They should call ITV3 "The Old Detectives Repeat Channel", for all they
seem to do, is replay old tv detective series.

> Hardly a selling point. In britland we still only have 5 real TV channels,
> with all of the others just regurgitating what the main 5 put out.

And the main BBC (1 & 2) channels show a *lot* of repeats. According to
the Beeb's *own* figures in the annual report, over half BBC 2's yearly
programming output are repeats!

--
When I hear of a long time smoker dying of lung cancer
I think "That's too bad, but they made their choices".