Re: Microsoft's Really Hidden Files

__/ [ Richard Rasker ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 17:45 \__

> Op Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:04:03 +0000, schreef J.C:
>
>> Can somebody please fyrther enlighten me about this thread:
>>
>> Microsoft's Really Hidden Files
>>
>> http://www.microsuck.com/content/ms-hidden-files.shtml
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This oldie has been dragged out here several times already. IIRC, the
> final verdict was that it most probably was a case of the usual stupid
> design/implementation decisions by Microsoft, more than malice - a bit
> like the problem of WiMP querying Microsoft servers about anything you
> play.
>
> Richard Rasker

Perhaps earlier today you read about a method of displaying all of these
hidden files. What's more, a few weeks ago people were humming about the
hidden 3 minutes sound track that's hidden deep inside and among the system
files of Windows XP. What a poor use of space. Only an arrogant vendor would
hide stuff from the users and extract data for personal use. RealNetworks
comes to mind..

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows Vistaster: Newly-coined Windows MEstake
  6:20pm  up 74 days  4:34,  7 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.73, 0.37