Re: [News] Vista Released Prematurely

On 2006-12-30, Nick Ballard <nrballardco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:52:08 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> No Rush to Adopt Vista
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "I say Microsoft never intended anybody to run Vista prior to
>> January," | he said. "What works on Vista, beyond Office 2007?" he
>> asked. "I'm going | to Vista... when my VPN supplier tells me that they
>> have drivers that | work, and when my antivirus vendor tells me that
>> they have non-beta | versions that work."
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20061228/tc_pcworld/128346
>
> It's ironic that the antivirus vendors were locked out to begin with. Only
> very recently have they had the information from Microsoft that they need
> to develop effective antivirus software.  Now we're facing a situation
> where the zero-day exploits and viruses will get faster and more
> widespread circulation than the  antiviruses.

A lot of my business over the past three or four years has been virus
removal. I can't say I'm looking forward to learning Vistas quirks, but
I can say I'm looking forward to having a very busy year. Vista is going
to get pwned, to use the parlance of the day. It's not ready for release
but getting pushed out the door late, the crackers are ready to take it
down, and I'm just waiting for the "Holy shit we need HELP" phone calls.

Microsoft is going to let me eat steak for the next few years. Thanks
guys! All the backups will be kept on Linux servers where the viruses
are inert.

--
If they were so inclined, they could impeach him because they don't like
his necktie.

http://www.websterscafe.com