Re: [News] Does Everyone Use Outlook, Other Than Spammers?

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Friday 29 December 2006 14:25 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Maybe Microsoft ought to gather mail client statistics and show that 99%
>> of all E-mail comes from the Outlook family (86 billion SPAM per day, and
>> constantly rising).
>
> They probably already do - that's why they're rather silent on the
> matter...

All SPAM, all Microsoft, no exceptions.

http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/screenshots/outlook-spaxpress.png

Spam surge drives net crime spree

,----[ Quote ]
| The tussle between computer security companies trying to protect your PC
| and the bad guys that try to compromise it is often characterised as an
| arms race.
|
| [...]
|
| Windows is the favourite target of malicious hackers
|
| [...]
|
| "92.6% of all e-mail messages are spam," said Dan Druker, spokesman for
| Postini. "That's the highest it's ever been."

That in itself gives them a huge 'market share'. During Christmas, Windows
zombies accounted for about 80% of the page requests in my main site.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 130 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie