Re: [News] Linux Desktop Market Share Could Soon Reach 12%

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 28 December 2006 06:13 \__

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/analysis/2171408/100-laptop-marches-developing

>> 12% would be cool.
>>

> If you start to look at PDAs, tablets and phones in the mix, too, then
> the figure will be much larger I suspect.  A cut-down version of Firefox
> for small form devices could really make a splash, too.

http://www.medpda.net/archives/001378.html

Opera may be a tough competitor though. They reign, judging on functionality
and standards,  at least on mobiles. The only thing going for IE is
prebundling.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S