Re: [News] Linux Desktop Market Share Could Soon Reach 12%

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
$100 laptop marches on the developing world

,----[ Quote ]
| The unit will be running an adapted version of Red Hat's Fedora
| Linux distribution. This could propel market share for Linux on
| the desktop as high as 12 per cent, Negroponte has projected.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/analysis/2171408/100-laptop-marches-developing

This makes me mad:

"The project also met its share of setbacks. India questioned the basic premise that providing notebook computers to children would, by default, improve their education.

The nation's Ministry of Human Resource Development labelled the $100 laptop project as "pedagogically suspect" and discontinued its planned investment."

Man, I bought my kid a $1500 laptop and he's straight A's plus.

If the petty bureaucrats and road-blocking "in" crowd would finally pull up stakes and GTF out of the way maybe we could finally make progress for the kids in these places.

--
The Texeme Construct
http://you-read-it-here-first.com