Re: subliminal fud ..

Doug Mentohl wrote:
> Dec 27 2006 12:43 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Virtualization is making obsolete the notion of
>> having one big monolithic operating system ..
>
> Given the low cost of x86 hardware I can't see the huge benefits here.
> Is this a case of  'new' VM washes whiter than 'old' whatever. The
> same with dual/quad cores. Who cares except for the chip sellers.

Get a grip.  Along with multi-threaded apps, multi-core processors are a
boon to computing.

> Now if only they could innovate away, spam, viruses and page violations.

How about the near constant sigsegv violations I used to get running
KDE/Konqueror on Slackware?  Can those be innovated away as well?

>> Daniel Lyons is typically an anti-Free software guy, some have
>> argued.
>
> Like the utterances of Fuddie, Lyons pronounsments can be taken as a
> Bellwether on where Redmond would like to go. In this case since the
> NOVL agreement he can stop knocking Linux

Why?  Has the MS-Novell agreement improved the OSS crapware they try - with
little succes - to give away?

> "Long seen as adversaries, Linux and Windows are in fact
> complementary, and most customers don't have a religious feeling
> about either of them."
>
> Yet again we have a pro MS propagandist telling US what to think.

But it's true that few people have strong feelings about Windows or Linux.
Outside of the MS-hating Linux "community" most people admire Microsoft and
Bill Gates, and certainly find no advantage to Linux over Windows.

> But then again this is aimed at the average clueless PHB.

It's not PHB that are clueless; it's Linux users and "advocates".

> The adversarial position was all one sided,

Well, except for just about every Linux/OSS article/blog/post ever written,
in which the Linux weenies get their jollies making disparaging remarks
about MS and Windows.

> Baller refering to the cancer

Who's Baller?

> and bill secretly financing SCO.

There is ZERO proof of that, and if you (and Rex Ballard and many
"advocates") had to legally support your claims against MS you wouldn't have
much to say.

Of course, the low to absent ethical standards of Linux "advocates" mean no
proof is required when they make accusations against MS.  "Secretly
financing SCO" is a serious accusation of course, but the accusers are
mostly clowns on backwater newsgroups and blogs that noboby reads.

> When he says complementary I assume this means
> 'Linux' stay out of our core business.
>
> "They want both. Novell and Microsoft were the first to recognize that
> when they made their recent peace pact; both will benefit from that
> move in the year ahead"
>
> Just a change of tack by the vole ..

"the vole"?  How original, you OSS clone-baby copycat.  Living up to your
"we have no ideas of our own" heritage, I see.