Re: 10 Reasons to Switch to Linux

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:43:39 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Tuesday 26 December 2006 22:46 \__

>>> I kept quiet at the time, but evidently there were several links to
>>> acknowledge the artist, the image did not have a copyright notice back in
>>> 2004 (unless I missed it) and the artist didn't contact me for many
>>> days/weeks, until Funky was breathing down his neck vigorously and
>>> endlessly, so a polite request was made. How much Funky nagged the guy I
>>> may never find out. But he definitely has too much spare time between the
>>> box-booting sequence at College. He'd better use his time more wisely
>>> because my images are stolen/HotLinked on a daily basis and I don't bother
>>> to take action.
>>
>> Bull.  You were notified of your infringement multiple times.  The author
>> contacted you MULTIPLE times.  He finally had to threaten you with a
>> lawsuit before you took it down, WEEKS after you were first notified.
>>
>> I didn't "hound" the author, I merely asked him if he had given you
>> permission to use the image.  He came back and thanked me and said he had
>> not and that you were infringing his copyright.  I responded back and
>> pointed him to the thread about the issue.
>>
>> Total, 2 messages, both polite.  The author then spent weeks trying to get
>> you to remove it.
>>
>> So stop lying now, and stop pretending YOU are the injured party.  You
>> violated copyright law, and then you tried to cover it up and then ignore
>> it, and then finally sneaked off and tried to blame me when you were
>> finally cornered.
>>
>> And you're one to talk about "using time more wisely"...
>
> Dear Mr. Drama Queen,
>
> Because I knew you would lie, I temporarily removed you from the killfile. I
> know my inbox. You don't. I'm a reasonable person, like the artist. You
> aren't. I received only one message. There was no f**king mention of a
> lawsuit or anything and I replaced the image the day I got contacted (over a
> week after you began your 2 utterly failed blogs and decided to prey on mine
> instead).
>
> Please ask your employer if it's still willing to pay you to troll the OS/2
> forums. You're a waste of bandwidth here.
>
> Now good night.
>
> *plonk*

You're not a reasonable person, you're really nothing but a slime ball Roy
Schestowitz.

You made a mistake, big deal, nobody really cares one way or the other.

However, your arrogance and holier than thou attitude prevented you from
just apologizing, removing the artwork and moving on.
Why?
Because you are a narcissist, and a classic case at that.
Your web page shows it.
Your posts in COLA show it.
Your posts all over the net show it and even if you project only 1/8th an
attitude in person like you do in these fora, that makes you at the very
least a miserable person.

Had you just removed the artwork it would have been a done deal and you
actually might have earned the respect of at least some of the people that
see right through your bull crap.

You lie day in and day out posting carefully crafted subject lines that
have little to do with, or misrepresent the links you post in the body.

You think nobody notices, but they do.

At least the people who haven't kill filed you yet because your voluminous
amount of content less posts are clogging up an hope of real discussion.

But you don't care about that, do you Roy Schestowitz.
Once again it's all about you Roy Schestowitz, isn't it.

It's interesting that you bring up the term Erik's employers.

And BTW where is your proof of that statement?

Odd comment coming from a professional student who must be enrolled in one
hell of a simple program to be able to spend 24x7 posting to USENET.

Oh, and your denial about being bounced from the Universities network is
another lie as well unless you just happened to time a couple of certain
events that transpired, right to the day.

In fact within 24 hours and with no advance notice to your fan club at all.

Boy that seems rather odd.

Just another lie from Roy Schestowitz the comp.os.linux.advocacy SPAMMER.

And yes, you are a SPAMMER because all of your Microsoft/Xbox/ WII/ etc
posts are OFF TOPIC, according to the charter that Roy Culley posts every
week.

Here it is Roy Schestowitz:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/73f803cf8bd4f759?hl=en&;

"http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

A wee snippet that the trolls are unable to comprehend:

   1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

   The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

   For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating
   systems."

Now YOU explain how you can justify a good portion of your posts by even
the most liberal acceptance of the charter?

Your total disregard for the above makes you, Roy Schestowitz,
A SPAMMER.